What is Ford SYNC?
Are you intrigued about Ford SYNC in Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, or Cary? We surely are!
Ford SYNC is Ford’s in-vehicle communications and entertainment system. It’s a system that was built to enable driving in leisure, with the ability to use most features seamlessly without taking your eyes off the road. This technology allows drivers to make hands-free calls and control their music selection and other functions with simple voice commands. Ford developed this system along with several other third-party vendors. Ford Sync is typically an added option or comes standard in all the new Ford cars that are sold in North America.
Learn More About Ford SYNC!
At University Ford, we have obtained all the information here for you on what it is and how it works.
VERSIONS OF FORD SYNC
When you come across the Ford SYNC, chances are that you were introduced to different versions of this system.
Ford Sync is the first-generation system, while MyFord Touch is the second-generation version. The third generation is known as Sync 3 and runs on a BlackBerry Limited QNX operating system.
SYNC was released at the beginning of 2007 and was originally installed in 12 Ford vehicles that were all modeled since 2008 only for North America.
WHAT CAN FORD SYNC DO?
Here are a couple of helpful features available with the Ford Sync:
- Access and update social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Instant and direct contact with family, friends, co-workers
- Retrieve information on the weather
- Traffic updates
- Available sports stats
- Recites incoming texts
- Places phone calls for the driver
- Voice navigation.
- Control supported Smart Home devices.
- Punch in your favorite music with stereo Bluetooth streaming that can be hooked up to a smartphone or iPod, Sirius XM, HD radio player, CD player, standard auxiliary input, extra USB ports for jump drives, and SD card slot.
- Passengers can access the internet by plugging in their smart device to one of the USB ports.
- The SYNC 911 Assist dials 911 if the airbags in the car are deployed. It also sends out the location of the vehicle via GPS.
The 2019 version of Sync contains a considerably more convenient way of searching for music, a captivating touchscreen, and better voice recognition.
Get Your Hands on Ford SYNC in Person By Scheduling Your Test Drive Today!
Come see us today at University Ford of Durham in Durham, NC! Schedule a test drive to get hands on experience with Ford SYNC technology! Find us at 5001 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd Durham NC 27707. Proudly serving Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Cary and beyond!